Thursday, February 24, 2011

We Miss those Smiley Eyes!

Last week Colt giggled! It was the cutest sound I've heard in a long time. He is full of smiles, and it makes every bad thing go away.



It has been over a week since my adorable little guy smiled :( The day after his first giggle he started making a terrible sound...a really bad cough. It continued to get deeper and worse for the next two days so I finally took him into the doctor. Well, it wasn't great news: Colt has Croup (he coughs so deep that it sounds like a bark).
Colt is too little to take the normal medicine that they use to treat Croup. So, the doctor perscribed a nebulizer, and then had me go and get x-rays taken of my 2 month old. I was really scared as a parent to hear that I had to get x-rays, but they were worried that there was something worse going on in his lungs.
The x-rays were no fun. I had to put protective coverings on and then hold my tiny baby down on a table while they took multiple x-rays. No baby should have a cough like Colt's or go through the tests that he endured. :( Thank goodness the results came back normal! The first good news we've had in awhile.
We have now been giving Colt breathing treatments at least twice a day. It's really hard to see his really watery, sad eyes look up at me as a fit of racking coughs take over his tiny body. He basically stopped eating, and would just cry all day with no way to calm him. I hate not being able to take the pain away from him; it's probably one of the hardest things you have to do as a parent. Well, we've been using the nebulizer for a week now and I think there is some improvement in his cough.
We miss our happy, smiley little guy, and pray that he'll come back to us soon.


Here's our cute little guy with extremely long lashes! :)
Love him!

7 comments:

  1. X-rays are no fun! Lissy had to get so many in the early days. I hope Colt's okay. We'll pray for him :) Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad! Hope he feels better soon! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking at those smiley pictures i can't imagine him anything but happy. poor baby (and poor mama.) i'll totally do family pictures for you! that will be fun. just tell me when & where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - so rough! I actually had croup in January (quite rare in adults) and it was so hard on me, that I can't imagine a little babe coughing that hard! I hope he is feeling better. And, I love his lashes! :) He is SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your kids are so cute! that is scary about colt, i hope he gets feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cutie! hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been meaning to send you a text... i'm totally planning on tuesday! we are super excited. my parents are here this weekend but i'll give you a call on monday to figure out plans.

    ReplyDelete